Caring Futures is a groundbreaking new program dedicated to supporting caregivers and family members of adults with developmental disabilities. Understanding the unique challenges faced by family caregivers as they age, Caring Futures offers critical assistance, resources, and a supportive community.
Coming up this month:
- Caring Conversations webinar to learn about public benefits for caregivers. Parent-educator Felisa Strickland and special guest Paula Kluges, retired fiduciary in California, invite you to a conversation about how to navigate Medi-Cal and housing programs, and what to do when you’re denied a public benefit. Tuesday, January 16, 10a.m. Sign Up.
- Self-Care Matters: Well-Being for the Family Caregiver is a two-week live online class where family caregivers gain strategies and tools to enhance their own well-being. Classes start January 15. Space is limited, so sign up today.
- There are still a few spaces left in January’s “The Future is Now” FREE six-week class series for parents and caregivers.
– Comprehensive Future Planning Guide to design a support plan for you and your family member with disabilities;
– Workbooks for parent/caregiver and family member;
– Certificate of Completion;
– Small and welcoming class size.
Classes in both English and Spanish begin on January 23rd, but space is very limited, so register today.